Our Angel Our Star

Danny's funeral was today, three years ago. How I can hardly bear to write these words or to rationally think about the reality of what I am saying, that Daniel is dead, that we had a funeral for him and that he is lifeless buried l in a grave.

The paragraph to follow are from a book about a family who also lost their youngest child and brother, When a child dies by Jim O'Shea, the words could have been my own:

As they lowered the coffin into the earth I put my arms around my family. I wanted to protect them from the brutality of death, to assuage their pain. But nothing could ease that pain, as the dark earth claimed their young brother.

Mama, Neni, Lecia and Daniel. The bond that holds us close and the love that we share can never be broken, no time or distance or death will ever come between us. Our love will always be dearest Daniel. Precious Pikkewyntjie. Our Angel. Our Star.

3 comments:

Barbara Wiser said...

I appreciated you sharing the book passage with your touching post.

I too have my sons funeral day etched into my mind. Of all the days after he died, that was by far the hardest of all. I remember so clearly my arms wrapped around my other children surrounding their brother laying silent and wishing they didn't have to endure such pain.

It is still a day by day process to move forward, but I find when I wake up I always think of what he'd want me to accomplish without him, then I get up and make it the best day possible to make him proud from above.

Blessings to you and your family...
Barbara

Groves said...

Oh, I have been thinking of you. Three years. Daniel, Daniel, you are so very missed.

"Time itself becomes a destructive force, wearing down a person's ability to hold out and intensifying the suffering to an inhuman level."

Claus Westermann

Daniel will always be missed, always. My heart breaks with you.

With love,

Cathy in Missouri

Denise said...

I found this for you & Daniel....


'I Miss You'

I miss your laughter, fun, and gentleness. I miss the things I used to do for you. I miss the time, now filled with emptiness, When each day was a stage for something new. I miss your love, though mine for you remains, A passion with no outlet to the sea, A teardrop in a desert, that contains what's left of my maternal ecstasy. I miss your presence, like a silent chord that anchored even solitude in grace. I miss, for my love's labor, the reward of seeing some small pleasure in your face. All these I miss, and yet they are all here Within my heart, far more than I can bear.

With you today Alison...
Send lots of love and warm prayers.
xoxox


I'm going to share this poem with my Angie too..